Wednesday, April 11, 2018

His face is crafted in my memory

His face is crafted in my memory
The round shaped and chubby physical features strain my brain as I strive to wipe it out of my mind – but I can’t, it just does not want to go away

When I wake up every morning, I make sure I am well dressed and look as elegant as ever but yet what is behind this look and deep inside me is a storm of emotions that keeps coiling within as I have been warned to never speak out about it

I feel sick, violated and worthless and still I must keep quiet. I feel cheap and degraded but I cannot speak
Holding on to this gag placed on my mouth by preconditions ruled by the thoughts and stares of a world so sick has made my days unbearable. Silently, at the back of my mind I sit and hope that the person he is haunts him for eternity.

I try to lace my body with perfume hoping to mask your scent that seems to be near all my favourite places. Then I find myself blasting music to drown out the melody of your voice and to kill the tone of your aggression.

The scars you left on my body, now remain a constant reminder of the torture and agony you put me through.

I hope you never forget what you did to me… that it may come for you in the middle of the night when you least expect it- your conscience that is- as you replay my screams until you cannot be sane anymore.


By: Linda RM Baumann
08 April 2018
21h56

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...