Friday, December 4, 2015

I am Me

As we celebrate our Humanity
The layers I need to unveil comes with so much weight
Yet disregarded


As I celebrate the air in my body
My heart beat stimulated by the concessions of life

As I stand here in front of you
The checks and balances made to define the person that I am scares me as no one asked me who I am

The classification of not succumbing to following the norm has brought me in trouble
Trouble define by those who chose to define the me that I am

I cannot be confined to these rules
As these rules imprisons me
The chains striped all over my body makes me wanna scream

And as I scream I can hear my voice but don’t

I want to be free
I want to feel the real
I want to hear my voice
I want to nurture all of me

As we celebrate our humanity
The layers I need to unveil are scarred by those barriers that brings injustice to my body, mind and soul.

Do you know who I am?

I am just that little girl who wants her voice to be heard

As I celebrate our diversity with the wave of the rainbow and the sparkle our uniqueness

I – I  am M

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...