Wednesday, July 28, 2021

My Past - My Reflection

 I thought about you today And I guess I still wonder how it would have been had I stayed I sometimes think about you and how we used to be 

And though it can be hard to see I really did have love for you And maybe just maybe I wonder how it would have been had I not left 

Had I just gotten over myself and tried one more time Would you really still be mine Would we have fulfilled our dreams Would we still be a team 

At times I smell your scent and for a second I look around hoping to see you After reality hits I forget and it's like we never met

I sometimes wonder how you are, if you're okay, mentally and physically 

Then I see your face and I try and recreate the emotions and expressions from my memory 

At times I asked myself if I really did do enough. I wronged you so bad and never had the patience for you to deal with it I wonder if I apologised enough 

We weren't perfect but I know you loved me and I know I loved you, but at times I wonder if  we both honored that enough. 

I took you for granted too I wonder if you think of me like I think of you,   I wonder if you still remember my scent or my smile or the way I am.... 

As i think of you i know i wish you happiness and love, for I still treasure all the good....


By: Linda RM Baumann

05 May 2021 

23h56

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...