Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Happy 6th Birthday Simaneka Baumann

Today marks the 1st year that I am not waking up next to my son and holding him to remind him of another year added on his age.  He turned 6 years old and it gets me to reflect on the journey we have walked thus far… Being a parent to a child has not been an easy journey and especially having a day to day responsibility knowing he depends on me.

I have come this far with all the comments, questions and reflections received from people out there about how a lesbian woman can be a mother to a child. Being a mother is not only reflectional of the overall womb expression however being a mom narrates a completely different reality of what a child deserves to have at all times.

I have come this far in raising children who are so beautiful and respectful to themselves and their surroundings that I commit to continue giving you the same values and a better life as you grow through this world.

Nostalgia creeps in as …

I remember having to wait for 8 hours, filled with extreme stress yet excitement of your arrival,

I remember how you brightened and warmed up the family home,

I remember how you refused breastmilk but managed to grow so big no baby clothes would fit

I remember how my nights were sleepless as you kept us awake all night

I remember how on impulse I had to make up a song for you, a song that- until today is so dear to you, to me and everyone else who seeks to grab your attention

I remember how you would stand at the gate and refuse to go in the house as you wait on my arrival from where ever

I remember how you made up your own mobile number and when asked what your cell phone number was– you would say 081 249… and today you are able to share mommy’s number by heart.

I remember all those moments when you decided to be on idols, performing in front of the TV and today you call yourself DJ Sim-sim


So many memories of greatness and sentimentally engraved as we journey through life, know that Mommy will never turn her back on you… Happy Birthday my Boy… #SimaAt6years


By: Linda RM Baumann 
07h09 
22 May 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...