Thursday, May 17, 2018

He loves Me but the Bruises won’t stop

I see how he looks at me from the corner of his eye
I can feel his breath so close to my neck, goosebumps start to show
My mind races my heart every moment that passes
Confronting me endlessly about pointless scenarios not designed to be questionable

His insecurities have a way of showing its ugly spirit however that doesn’t make him a bad man
I understand his character and yes he gets out of hand at times but…
I know he loves the being within me that I am too afraid to love
I know he adores me as the only one he wants
I am special to him and that creates fear, unquestionable fear “that the one you love is bound to walk out on you”

We’ve come a long way and he has become calmer as time goes, he still likes to keep me to himself
“A treasure like no other- a treasure I cannot keep out of my sight for the pirates might steal my beautiful treasure” he says
I believe him, though the people around me see it different, I believe him

The bruises stop mattering after a while you know, they become embedded within my skin- apart of me actually
Bruises are who I am – or not?
I too carry fear- fear that one day I won’t be able to stop him, fear that one day he wont listen to me when I yell out to him to stop and that I’m sorry
But my biggest fear is that I wont be able to wake myself up from this nightmare in time…



By: Linda RM Baumann
05h28
17 May 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...