Sunday, September 9, 2018

Calling upon the Namibian LGBTI Community

I find it challenging to respond to emails from Namibian LGBT persons seeking Asylum abroad... If it is not the individual then it is the local agencies... 
Over the few months more the 7 applications of request to motivate that our lives as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender is in danger and that our lives face brutality from the police, State and families... Now this is completely not the realities we are faced with...
How do I support such if we are aware of the existence homophobia, biphobia and transphobia but surely not the rife image put out there... 
Why are many of us remaining in the country and doing work within our communities and with state? People do not use our moffieness for self gain... Let those realities experienced not be the detriment that casts us all in one bucket... 
May I also ask that those leaders leading LGBT organisations to remain ethical in their support letters and not misrepresent our issues for the sake of opportunists. As for me when I respond I cast the truth as a Proud Namibian Moffie.

By: Linda RM Baumann
04 September 2018
13h04

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...