Friday, April 22, 2016

Expectation



Every expectation regardless how small, reaches the point where it inflicts sudden pain

Every moment spent longing for the day you thought you had it all, reaches a point where sometimes the future seems pointless

Should have, could haves
Pave a regretful presence
Decorated by questions we never seem to receive answers to

Survival turns us into ruthless marters, assassinating vulnerability and emotion driven actions

Acceptance we wear invisibly around our necks, as we prepare for realities that are uncertain and have no guarantee

Hope we carry shamelessly
For the possibility of the day we have it all, the day the scales lay equally horizontal, the day when fear no longer exists    
The day when we wish to freeze time and endulge the temptation of that perfect moment
So every expectation,even that of perfection reaches a point where it inflicts unforgettable pain  

Pain we struggle to swallow, pain we dismiss ...in the end belief is all we have guaranteed to fill the blurred lines of our future, yet we prey on prayers shaped around a system that patronises our existence-
                                                   
The lines that connect me and you...have gradually faded...faded to the extent that I question the existence of our ties...

By: Linda RM Baumann
22 April 2016
20h09

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lost sleep

 I keep tossing and turning at night, I know I'm asleep but I also know I am awake Exhausted I feel as I wake to start the day Because I...